Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Summer weather is upon us and we seem to have had a never ending battle with outdoor pests. If it isn't the ants or beetles, it's the wasps or bees. It's still a bit early for them to show their annoying little selves yet, but I know without a doubt that they'll be back if they have not already returned, just as they were last year. I know that they'll want to munch and crunch their way through my veggie garden, and turn my vegetable garden into a skeleton patch. After being overrun by these pests last year we found traps at our local hardware made by Safer® Brand. Those babies worked great! This year I am excited to try to prevent the problem in the first place so maybe we won't need to use the traps.
This year I’ll be using the new Safer® Brand EndALL insect spray. I truly am not someone who likes to use any kind of sprays or even fertilizers (other than good old fashioned farm animal kind!) so I really thought about it before I decided to try this product. One of the reasons I felt safe using EndALL is because it's the first OMRI®-listed product that kills insects on contact while being USDA-approved for organic gardening. Another thing I love is that it's MULTI-purpose. I don't need a product for each and every type of insect or plant we have, really I don't. This one bottle kills 45 different insects in all stages of life (eggs, larva, adults), and is safe, when used as directed, for use on on flowers, fruits, vegetables, lawns, landscape, ornamentals AND houseplants. Have you tried this or any other Safer Brand products before? They are very affordable, A 32oz bottle of EndALL is only $7.50, now that is affordable. They are also widely available, they'd have to be, if you can find them in our small feed store. They have many products to help you around the yard and house, so make sure if you have a bug problem you consider using their products.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of CryoCell International. All opinions are 100% mine.
In today’s world we all know how important it is to stay fit, but for the mother who just had a baby it can be much harder to get fit. Cryo-Cell International understands this and is offering you a free award winning Baby Jogger City Stroller. This will help the new moms enjoy time with their new baby’s and the great outdoors at the same time. While getting the exercise they really need to get back into shape and safeguarding their health. The Baby Jogger Stroller retails for $350.00 but you can get it for free if you sign up at Cryo-Cell’s for their U-Cord service.
Now you ask what U-Cord service is. Well in short it is a blood bank. But Cryo-Cell International has been in business since 1992. Offering you and your family peace of mind by giving you the opportunity to cryogenically preserve your newborn’s umbilical cord blood stem cells in a safe and secure environment. This is done at the time of delivery of your newborn baby. It is painless to you and your baby, while protecting your family’s future and health. This offer is only for a limited time, so enroll today for your family’s health and future.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
* Faster Fat Burn - The calcium in basil suppresses the body's output of calcitriol, a hormone that promotes belly-fat storage. With basil abdominal fat melts off 81 percent faster. It is a great source of manganese, it also help stabilizes levels of blood glucose-regulating insulin to quell cravings and minimize sugar highs and lows.
* Quick Pain Relief - A generous sprinkle of basil relieves muscle pain as effectively as a standard dose of aspirin without the drugs stomach irritating side effects. That's because of eugenol, a component of the herb's natural oil that inhibits a key enzyme from synthesizing the inflammatory prostaglandins that over-sensitize nerves.
* Sexy Legs - Just 2 tablespoons of fresh basil supplies 60 percent of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin K. This nutrients stimulates the body's production of thrombin, a clotting protein that obstructs circulation to damaged veins and reroutes blood to larger healthy vessels. Researchers discovered that this can cause spider veins and varicose veins to shrink and fade in as little as six weeks.
* Younger Looking Skin - Regularly enjoying basil can improve the appearance of wrinkles by 66 percent in as little as 10 days. The credit goes to the herb's high concentration of flavonoids like orientin and vicenin, which help the body synthesize skin plumping collagen. Plus it has vitamin A in basil that speeds skin cell turnover to ensure a glowing, youthful complexion.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Do you have a home or apartment that needs a little dressing up in the interior decorating department? Well ESaleRugs.com just might be able to help. They carry area rugs to fit almost any décor’. With their persian rugs, contemporary rugs, oriental rugs and traditional rugs they should have one that will fit your taste and decorating style. Their website is great and easy to use. Just use their quick search tool and enter in the size you are looking for, the color you like, the style and the price range. They will then display all your choices for you to choose from. If the choices are not what you are looking for you can always browse thru the rugs by style or even take a look at the featured rugs on the main page. They just may have what you are looking for.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
When the warmer started were thinking to do something outside like staining a fence to protect it from the elements and doing this can be tricky. Especially where the wood meets the ground. To make the task easier,place a dustpan at the bottom of the fence, sliding it across the grass as you move from one section of fencing to the next. This will catch any drips while preventing dirt and grass from being swept into your paint job.
Friday, May 7, 2010
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of Spa World Corp. All opinions are 100% mine.
MediTub is one of the largest walk in tubs and shower distributor in North America and sold at Costco US and Canada. They are the supplier of many of the walk in tubs and showers that are on the market today and ensure our customers satisfaction. They guarantee they have what you need! If you are elderly or have a disability or just have some difficulty accessing a traditional bath or shower they may have something for you! With a large selection of walk in tubs and showers you can see they specialize in making your life easier, while still including safety and security to ensure your satisfaction and improve your overall quality of life.
MediTub understands your concerns and will help you choose what walk in tubs or shower will work best for you. Each bathroom is unique and has its own obstacle. MediTub can assist you in resolving any of your concerns. We can answer all of your questions and provide exactly what you are looking for! They also include with every walk in tub purchase a lifetime guarantee on the door seal so you never need to worry about leaks. If you are remodeling your restroom, most of their walk in tubs and showers will work with your existing plumbing. So there is no need for a large expense remodeling the plumbing in your home. Check out MediTub at http://www.meditubs.com/ to see if they have what you are looking for.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Here's a poem that I dedicate to all the mothers and most especially to my mother and my mother in-law!
"I Thought I Knew a Thing or Two of Beauty"
I thought I knew a thing or two of beauty:
I've known your love since I was hours old.
But now I bear myself the awesome duty
That love turns into joy, and joy to gold.
How precious to experience your pleasure!
To be on both sides of the deep-felt glance;
To know so well the moment's gift full measure;
To be both lead and partner in that dance.
No child can be but grateful for her children
When loved so well as to know well to love.
No mother can but hope her prudent passion
Will move a heart to move as her heart moved.
The love you felt for me I now can feel,
Which makes it not more lovely but more real
Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in the whole world you're awesome...
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
This is a Sponsored Post written by me on behalf of USC. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you are considering to be a teacher or an educator then a master degree in teaching from the USC Rossier School of Education’s MAT@USC is an option you should think about. The most interesting part of this master program is that, it is offered online. The master degree is offered from elite research university, which is quiet famous in providing online degrees to students and educators. Earning an online degree from The USC Rossier School of Education’s MAT@USC gives you a lot of benefits, such as. You can take your degree anytime, anywhere! That is the beauty of the internet because your time is totally flexible and you are in command of your own schedule!
The University of South California Rossier School of Education's offers current educators and aspiring teachers this opportunity to earn such a degree from an internationally renowned research institution with a history of educating teachers to be agents of change. It is ranked number 22 in the United States and number 9 among all private universities by US News and World Report. Choose from either 2 groundbreaking programs for current or aspiring teachers.
What is neat with the program is that it has a tuition reimbursement program designed exclusively for Master of Arts in Teaching graduates plus full student status and benefits, participation in commencement ceremonies and even a free lifetime Alumni Association membership. This accelerated program can be completed in as little as 12 months! Check out this program information for more details.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
* Traditional, like roses, carnation or peonies - You are a nurturer! Whether you're a stay at home mom or the head of a corporation, your proudest achievement is your family. You have a sensitive emotional radar that allows you to know exactly what others need to flourish and you're loyal and trustworthy. You're the rock that holds relationships together.
* Tall and stately, like irises, lilies, orchids or gladiolus - You are a risk taker! You're someone who always up for an adventure. These flowers have a commanding presence, which draw you to them. You aim high and are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goals.
* Big and bold, like sunflowers, gerbera daisies, gardenia or hibiscus - You are a motivator! You are drawn to these flowers' exuberance. You are optimistic and always see the best in others. You fired up by your warmth and high opinion of them, folks generally live up to your expectations.
* Cluster, like lilacs, hydrangeas or cherry blossoms - You are a bridge builder! Though you have the people and organizational skills to be a Fortune 500 CEO, you'd rather be a team player than anyone's commander in chief. You're the facilitator, the peacemaker, the one who brings folks together and makes all the pieces fall into place.
* Sprays, like jasmine, freesia, or honeysuckle - You are a leader! You know exactly what you want and impressed by your certainty, those around you respond by wanting to go wherever you're headed.
* Bell-shaped like lily of the valley, bluebells, or daffodils - You are a healer! You're a wonderful listener who hears not just what's said but what isn't, a trait that means you'd make a great doctor or therapist. You are also intuitive and sensitive to others needs.
* Simple petals, like violets, tulips or crocuses - You are spiritual! For you, fulfillment has nothing to do with material. You appreciate the simple things in life. You always see the big picture, so you rarely sweat the small stuff. For you, life is all about the journey.