Friday, November 5, 2010

Safe Driving Tips During Rain And Icy

Driving is fun and it’s a freedom, when you know how to drive you can go anywhere, anytime you want. But driving carefully, safely and defensively is very important, we only have one life. I say defensively because there are lot of crazy people out there that they don’t care and don’t pay attention when driving that cause an accident. I want to share this because fall and winter are the time that the roads are nasty because of the rain and snow. I wonder how many people know about this but I just have a feeling to share this to my friends and readers. “NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON” question why? We thought when we set our cruise control we are being cautious in maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain. Exactly wrong or a mistake, the reason is, if the cruise control in on when your car begins to hydro-plane and your tire lose contact with the pavement because the road is wet then your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you to take-off like an airplane. I received this email from a friend of mine and I so thankful for him, especially I am just a newly driver. It is very important thing to know and that is why I want to share this too.

To the parents that has teenager kids, to remind them to set the cruise control and drive safe speed but don’t forget to tell them that they can only use cruise control when the pavement is dry. Also this warning should be listed usually on the driver seat on the sun-visor “NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR-ICY”. I know some people know about this already but I just want to share to remind because sometimes we tend to forget, its better safe than sorry. Some vehicles also will not allow you to set cruise control when the windshield wipers are on. Take it easy and safe driving.

No comments:

Ozfree Online Classifieds | Smart Online Shopping